It's the last day of September's National Preparedness Month. Are you better prepared? It's not too late - join in today's National PrepareAthon! Day!
America's PrepareAthon! is an opportunity for individuals, organizations, and communities to prepare for specific hazards through drills, group discussions, and exercises.
National PrepareAthon! Day focuses on taking the time to prepare for these six specific events:
The goal of this campaign is to increase the number of individuals who:
- Understand which natural disasters could happen in their community
- Know what to do to be safe and minimize damage
- Take action to increase their awareness and preparedness
- Participate in community resilience planning and training
What can you do?
- Register to participate in America’s PrepareAthon! and provide details about the activities you’re planning.
- Plan your own local community or organizational preparedness event
- Participate in discussion forums online with like-minded community members
- Learn the actions to take for disaster preparedness and practice them regularly
Where can you find more information?
There are many great resources on the FEMA site:
Communicate with Peers:
On the web:
So don't wait too long to visit these resources and start your planning activities - for us in the Northeast U.S., winter storms are right around the corner!