|GOAL: Know how to respond safely when instructions are given to evacuate or take shelter.|
It's time to think about Shelter
March's Do 1 Thing task is sheltering - how to respond safely when instructions are given to evacuate or take shelter.
Below is a list of things that you can do to achieve your goal this month.
Choose at least one, and complete it.
- Identify the best storm shelter in your home and practice getting to the shelter with your family.
- Learn how to safely shelter in place.
- Make a Go Bag for emergency sheltering.
Visit this month’s Do 1 Thing topic page for fact sheets and additional resources on sheltering.
Do 1 Thing is a web-based, twelve-month preparedness program that focuses on a different area of emergency preparedness each month. Remember: emergency preparedness doesn’t have to be hard or expensive.
It’s as easy as:
- Click on this month’s topic
- Select one of the easy “Things to do”
- Do that one thing!
Please see my January 2015 post about the entire Do 1 Thing program for additional information.
Image credit: http://do1thing.com/