|GOAL FOR MAY: Make sure the people who count on you|
are prepared for a disaster.
It's time to think about Your Community
May's Do 1 Thing task is Work, School and Community Planning - know how to make sure you and your loved ones are safe in a disaster, no matter where you are.
Below is a list of things that you can do to achieve your goal this month.
Choose at least one, and complete it!
- Make sure emergency procedures are in place for your workplace or school.
- Give emergency kits to people who count on you (college students, elderly parents, etc.).
- Know how others in your community will respond in a disaster.
Learn more: The “Emergency Supplies” fact sheet has more information about making emergency kits for work and school.
Visit this month’s Do 1 Thing topic page for fact sheets and additional resources on sheltering.
Do 1 Thing is a web-based, twelve-month preparedness program that focuses on a different area of emergency preparedness each month. Remember: emergency preparedness doesn’t have to be hard or expensive.
It’s as easy as:
- Click on this month’s topic
- Select one of the easy “Tasks”
- Do that one thing!
Please see my January 2015 post about the entire Do 1 Thing program for additional information.
Image credit: http://do1thing.com/