Do1Thing.Com's Goal for March: Practice what your family would do if they needed to evacuate or shelter-in-place.
Below is a list of things the Do1Thing team recommends you can do to achieve your goal this month.
Choose at least one, and complete it!
- Identify the best storm shelter in your home and practice getting to the shelter with your family.
- Learn how to safely shelter in place.
- Make a Go Bag for emergency sheltering.
Visit this month’s Do 1 Thing topic page for fact sheets, videos and additional resources on ensuring your family gets the correct emergency information.
Do 1 Thing is a web-based, twelve-month preparedness program that focuses on a different area of emergency preparedness each month. Remember: emergency preparedness doesn’t have to be hard or expensive.
It’s as easy as:
- Click on this month’s topic
- Select one of the easy “Tasks”
- Do that one thing!
Please see my January 2015 post about the entire Do 1 Thing program for additional information.
Image credit: Do1Thing.Com
Note: The March emergency planning post unfortunately slipped to April. Look for the actual April article soon along with even more frequent postings in the coming months!