|Get Involved! There are many ways you can help in an emergency - becoming a CERT volunteer is just one way.|
Do1Thing.Com's Goal for August: Make your community stronger by getting trained and getting involved.
The police and fire department can't do it all when an emergency occurs.
Everyone in our community has a role to play when disaster strikes.
First prepare your family, then think of ways to help others in your neighborhood.
Below is a list of things the Do1Thing team recommends you can do to achieve your goal this month.
Choose at least one, and complete it!
- Get Involved : Connect with an isolated individual in your neighborhood or start a neighborhood organization.
- Get Involved : Promote emergency preparedness in your community.
- Get Involved : Become a volunteer in your community (CERT, Red Cross, Neighborhood Watch, etc.).
Learn more: The "Get Involved" fact sheet has more information about being aware of and preparing for your family’s unique needs. (This fact sheet is available in multiple languages and formats here.)
Visit this month’s Do 1 Thing topic page for fact sheets, videos and additional resources on family preparation.
Do 1 Thing is a web-based, twelve-month preparedness program that focuses on a different area of emergency preparedness each month. Remember: emergency preparedness doesn’t have to be hard or expensive.
It’s as easy as:
- Click on this month’s topic
- Select one of the easy “Tasks”
- Do that one thing!
Please see my January 2015 post about the entire Do 1 Thing program for additional information.
Image credit: FEMA.gov