|October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month!|
This October marks the 13th annual National Cyber Security Awareness Month!
National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM) is designed to engage and educate public and private sector partners through events and initiatives to raise awareness about cyber security, provide them with tools and resources needed to stay safe online, and increase the resiliency of the Nation in the event of a cyber incident.
NCSAM 2016 will focus on a different cybersecurity issue for each week in October.
- Week 1: Oct. 3-7: STOP. THINK. CONNECT.: The Basic Steps to Online Safety and Security
- Week 2: Oct. 10-14: From the Break Room to the Boardroom: Creating a Culture of Cybersecurity in the Workplace
- Week 3: Oct. 17-21: Recognizing and Combating Cybercrime
- Week 4: Oct. 24-28: Our Continuously Connected Lives: What’s Your “Apptitude”?
- Week 5: Oct. 31: Building Resilience in Critical Systems
REMEMBER: All of us have a role in securing our part of cyberspace, including the devices and networks we use. Use this month's focus on cyber security to jump-start your efforts at keeping our cyberspace safe and secure all year long.
Visit these cyber resources for comprehensive guidance on maintaining your personal and business cyber security:
- United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team
- DHS: National Cyber Security Awareness Month Site
- National Cyber Security Awareness Month article by www.business2community.com
Image credit: http://staysafeonline.org/