September is National Preparedness Month
- And today, September 30th, is National PrepareAthon! Day!
OVERVIEW OF AMERICA’S PREPAREATHON!
America’s PrepareAthon! is a nationwide, community-based campaign for action to increase emergency preparedness and resilience. Each spring and fall, America’s PrepareAthon! will provide a national focus for individuals, organizations, and communities to participate through drills, group discussions, and exercises to practice for local hazards.
Increase the number of individuals who:
- Understand which disasters could happen in their community;
- Know what to do to be safe and mitigate damage;
- Take action to increase their preparedness; and
- Participate in community resilience planning.
To learn more about how you can play a role in your community’s preparedness, visit www.ready.gov/prepare.
For more information on National Preparedness Month, visit Ready.gov/September or follow the campaign on Facebook, at https://www.facebook.com/readygov, on Twitter, at https://twitter.com/Readygov,
Images credit: FEMA.gov