Below is a list of things the Do1Thing team recommends you can do to achieve your goal this month.
Choose at least one, and complete it!
- Buy a three-day emergency food supply for your household. You don't have to buy an extra three-day supply all at once - buy a little extra each week and shortly you'll have enough! (Also don't forget extra food for your pets.)
- Take steps to make sure food in your refrigerator and freezer will stay safe. Really watch the temperature of your refrigerator and freezer during a power outage. Cook and eat perishable foods first, saving the canned and dry food for later during an emergency.
- Make sure you can meet any special dietary needs in your household. If your family members need special foods or have food allergies, make sure you have enough of the proper ingredients and take the required preparation equipment if you have to evacuate.
Visit this month’s Do 1 Thing topic page for fact sheets, videos and additional resources on ensuring your family gets the correct emergency information.
Do 1 Thing is a web-based, twelve-month preparedness program that focuses on a different area of emergency preparedness each month. Remember: emergency preparedness doesn’t have to be hard or expensive.
It’s as easy as:
- Click on this month’s topic
- Select one of the easy “Tasks”
- Do that one thing!
Please see my January 2015 post about the entire Do 1 Thing program for additional information.
Image credit: Do1Thing.Com